Would you like to have one of the beautiful outdoor built in grill at the garden of your house? Read this if you are looking for a outdoor built in grill reviews.
Without a doubt, they are the best thing there is for meetings with friends. However, are you sure they are what you need? Shouldn’t you get to know them a little better first?
Best outdoor built in grill
- LARGE COOKING SPACE: 760 square...
- Liquid Propane Drop In / Built-in...
- Premium built-in propane gas grill...
- Blaze Grills offers a best-in-class...
- Premium built-in natural gas grill...
- 🧡HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS🧡- -...
Outdoor built in grill ideas
To have an built in bbq grill is amazing and that why we want to give you some good outdoor built in grill ideas
Do you know that there are two types? Those with the extractor hood and those without it.
Each one covers a series of needs. However, what are the differences between one or the other?
BBQ grill with hood: These channel the air better, which helps create better combustion and smoke conduction. In addition, the sparks that may be generated can be better controlled. They turn out to be quite practical, as the smoke does not go directly to the face. On the other hand, they tend to be more aesthetically pleasing and have a more defined finish.
Grill without the extractor hood: It helps to have a better view of the food being cooked, as there are no barriers that prevent the view of what is being cooked. This helps you to cook the dishes better. However, the smoke goes straight to your face, which can be annoying.
What advantages does this type of outdoor built in barbeques can offer you?
You’ve probably already looked at several projects to build yourself a built barbecue. But the advantages it offers are just what you need? get to know them!
- Its main advantage is the size, being able to build it in the shape and with the design that is of the owner’s taste.
- Since they are made of brick, stone or clay they are usually more durable than coal or gas models.
- They are quite comfortable, as they will always be assembled and ready for a barbecue.
- Due to their large size, a lot of food can be cooked when there are meetings with several people.
- They do not require much maintenance and are easy to clean.
- Charcoal or wood is used for the combustion, so you will have the same as in a charcoal barbecue but much more durable.
- It can be integrated into the environment if it is made with the same materials as those in the house.
How to know if a built barbeque is for you
Having a barbecue is the floor of every outdoor food lover. Now, are you sure you wouldn’t be better off buying a different style? Here’s what you need to consider before buying a built barbeque!
- Space: It’s true that there are small built barbeques, but the best thing about this type is that they are large so that you can enjoy their full potential. If you have a large garden, or a lot of land, you shouldn’t worry. But if it is small, you should look at other options.
- Budget: No, don’t worry. Nowadays, built barbeque are quite cheap. You will easily find models that are around 50-70 euros, but they are very basic. A good built barbeque can cost more than 1,000 euros. However, once it is set up, you will have a barbecue for life.
- Use: More in the frequency of use, when thinking about buying a barbecue work or not, you have to think, where do you like to make barbecues? Do you like to make them at home or go to the countryside and do it there with friends? Remember that these barbecues are fixed and cannot be moved.
- Style: Once you have decided if you want a barbecue with or without a bell, it’s time to choose the style. There are two models: modern and vintage. The retro style is an exact representation of early 20th century barbecues, but with the comforts of modern models. On the other hand, the modern ones have a more striking aesthetic.
What will be the best location for your construction outdoor built in barbeque?
The great advantage of mobile barbecues is that you can move them around whenever you want until you find the most suitable one. But this will not be the case with a built barbeque. So in this case you will have to think a lot about where you are going to install it.
You must avoid at all costs to be near doors or windows. If it’s a barbecue with a bell, which helps to send the fumes up to the sky, there will be no problem. But what if you buy one without a bell? All the fumes can end up inside the house and it is very annoying.
Nor should it be installed near the area where your guests eat. It is true that it is nice to receive the smell of food at the barbecue, but not the smoke. Also avoid being near a swimming pool area. The floor of the barbecue area should be made of slabs, to avoid that if any spark jumps it could cause a fire.
I want to paint my barbecue work, is it difficult?
You may not like the colour of your new construction barbecue, or as time goes by you may get bored with the colour it has. In that case, what can you do? Paint it yourself! Painting a barbecue is very easy, and we will explain you step by step how to do it:
- Delimit the area you want to paint, using body tape or a thick tape that allows you to separate the areas you are going to paint.
- To close the pores of the concrete blocks you will have to add a waterproof base before starting to paint.
- With everything ready, it’s time to paint. For the corners use a thick brush, while the larger surface is better to use a roller. The paint will stay stuck thanks to the fixative.
- You will have to wait until the paint is dry before continuing. Once dry, apply a second coat of special outdoor paint, first with the brush and then with the roller.
- Once the paint is dry, remove the tape and apply a special effect to the concrete of your barbecue. This will make your barbecue look brand new.
How to clean an outdoor built in barbeques
It is not necessary to clean the barbecue site every two or three times. In fact, with a yearly maintenance you can have a kitchen partner for life. Now, it is recommended that you do at least a small maintenance.
To be able to clean it you have to use coffee grounds, oil and newspaper. Use a brush to remove all the ashes from the barbecue. Then clean the area and put in some newspaper. Using the coffee grounds, rub the newspapers and the grill, so that you can remove the grease that is embedded. The remains will remain on the newspaper.
Finally, using the oil you have to go over each of the bars of the grill. This will help prevent them from rusting. A process that will take you only half an hour and you will have it shining, as if it were new.
How to make an outdoor built in barbeques
Although there are companies that can set up your barbecue work, what if you want to make an authentic homemade barbecue? You don’t have to be very handy to set up the barbecue you have bought.
Materials that you will need:
- Silicone gun
- Putty (to withstand high temperatures)
Assembling a barbecue step by step:
- Once you have chosen a level and rigid place (it should not be loose or very soft soil) you should place the base of the barbecue with a slat. Fix the pieces to the ground using the putty.
- Next, you have to assemble the sink piece, the working area and the grill part. The putty is the best way to fix it, but you must also join each piece with a little cement to ensure its resistance.
- Wait for the structure to dry out a little, then put the grill in place (remember that it must be adapted to the shape of your grill).
- The chimney, the hood, the leak and the fans need to be installed. Some models may not have a hood or fans, it all depends on the money you have decided to spend on your outdoor built in barbeques.