I used to be the kind of people that was buying lot of sauces at the supermarket. With the pass of the time I have realized that there are several reason why is better to follow an easy barbecue sauce recipe, like this one, at home.
Why make your own homemade barbecue sauce
Main one is because is healthier but also it tastes much much better. Apart of that obviusly is cheaper and you will have a nice and relaxing time meantime you prepare it.
Now I would like to teach you how to do this easy barbecue sauce recipe yourself.
What is barbecue sauce?
Barbecue sauce is a sauce made from tomatoes and spices that is traditionally used to prepare barbecue ribs or roast chicken. However, it is a very versatile sauce and can be used for any type of meat, its vegetable substitutes, such as tofu or seitan, for dipping or even as a sauce for pizzas.
It is a sauce that combines sweet and sour ingredients with a smoky touch, and that why is so used in garden barbecues, simply delicious!
What is barbecue sauce made out of ?
Vegan barbecue sauce ingredients
- 1 can of natural crushed tomato
- ¼ cup apple vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
How to make an easy barbecue sauce.
Steps to follow for this quick and easy vegan barbecue sauce recipe:
- Heat the crushed tomato in a saucepan or frying pan. Heat it until it reaches a boil, stirring occasionally so that it does not burn.
- Incorporate the salt, pepper and garlic powder to continue with the vegan barbecue sauce recipe.
- Add the liquid ingredients: soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice and agave syrup. Stir to integrate the ingredients well. Agave syrup is the substitute for honey, a basic ingredient in the original recipe.
- Cook the quick barbecue sauce without honey for 5-7 minutes at medium heat. Now the sauce is ready to use in your favorite recipes or simply to dipe.