When summer arrives, nothing feels better than having a good barbecue outdoors with friends and family. However, you have to choose well the type of barbecue you are going to use. For example, wood fired barbecues are a great option for those who like to cook meat.
Best wood fired barbecue on the market
- 🔥【Extra Wide And Durable】: TOTEBOX 39.4 *25.2*18.3 inch Fire Pits Table is constructed of durable heavy duty iron and mesh crucibles treated with high temperature paint. It is rust resistance, high bearing capacity and durability. It can be used as a BBQ grill, fire pit, bonfire pit, garden table, outdoor heating device for your backyard garden with your family and friends.
- 🔥【Considerate Design】: This fire pit for outside is designed with high temperature resistant painted iron and hollow heat insulation. The deep bowl design offers plenty of room for firewood and a 360° view of the fire.
- Phillips, Jeff (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- NON-SLIP AND ELONGATED HANDLE: The dimension of our ash cleaner is 25.2’’ Length X 4.3’’ width, Non-slip, heat-resistant and elongated rubber handle is comfy to hold, easily move and spread hot coals without worrying about burn your hand, long enough to get into the corner of the oven or grill to clean out the ashes that are otherwise difficult to reach. Easy to use and clean. The long handle is detachable which make it convenient for storage
- DURABLE AND LONG-LASTING: Made of rust free 8/18 stainless steel, the sucker is strong and can lift this heavy grate with no problem. Perfect for move around hot coals and remove the cooled ash from a ceramic grill. Sturdy enough to switch temperature zones and for both pushing and pulling, had the correct angle on the blade to do the job. This ash tool is solid steel, sturdy tough and going to last your lifetime and beyond
- Hardcover Book
- Karlin, Mary (Author)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Disbrowe, Paula (Author)
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL】Our wooden fireplace bellows is made of true solid wood material,durable powder-coated finish,elegant appearance.High-quality of rivet ensures that it firmly nails into the bellows to non-fall off. Made of heat-resistant leather and wood materials do not burn your hands.
- 【DIMENSIONS】Large size-12”x5”.
- HEAT PROOF: With five layers of padded protection you can feel safe handling any hot object. Oversize padded cuff gives you extra forearm coverage.
- FIRE RESISTANT: Our aluminum foil layer and Kevlar stitching provides great fire protection. However, NO gloves are fireproof and ours are not recommended for live fire contact or handling burning logs or embers.
- Made of stainless steel material, the product is wear- and corrosion-.
- It is suitable for people who like outdoor BBQ. It is suitable for camping, hiking, mountaineering, hunting, traveling, etc.
- 💥The Box includes 300 pcs of fire kindling sticks used for fire starting, weight is about 7- 8 lbs (+/- 10%). Advice - put crisscrossed 3 or more fire starter lighter sticks, after put your fire wood burning log on top to start your flame quickly and light.
- 💥EASY LIGHT Fire Starters for Fireplace: kiln dried fire wood content only 6% of moisture, so you do not overpay for excessive moisture and can easily start a fire with this firestarter sticks.
Why a wood fired barbecues ?
Having options such as charcoal or gas barbecues may not appeal to you as much as those that use wood. But do you know the advantages that these types of barbecues have for you? They can be a much more interesting option than you imagine:
- Many models: Some types of barbecues have a limited catalog. On the other hand, wood fired barbecues have dozens of options, adjusting to each person’s type of cooking. What do you like to take with you? Portable models are sold. Moving it around to get the most out of the sun? Models with wheels to make it easy to move them around. Of course there are also fixed models, made of brick or stone.
- A suitable price: Many people are put off by the idea of buying a wood fired barbecues because of the cost of wood. However, the models are so economical that it is a safe long-term investment.
- Better taste for food: Wood enhances the taste of food much more than a gas barbecue. In addition, you can cook any kind of product, whether it is meat, fish or vegetables.
- Different types of firewood: Just like charcoal, you can find different types of firewood on the market to use in your barbecue. Each one is perfect for one type of food, and will give a different flavor to your dishes.
- It can be mixed: What if you bought a mixed barbecue? Many models allow cooking with charcoal and wood. This way you can experiment and decide which one you like to cook with more.
- Durable: The important thing when buying a barbecue is that it will last a long time. Wooden barbecues can be made of iron or brick. These are painted with thermal paint, which helps to withstand the heat of the wood.
What kind of wood can you use in a barbecue?
It is true that in USA there are many types of firewood, so it is not difficult to find one that you can use for the barbecue. However, first you have to distinguish between the different types. They are usually grouped into two categories:
Hard: Hard woods are those that come from trees with great hardness and resistance. They offer the best embers for the barbecue, and a fantastic heating performance. As hard wood is considered the wood from above, kermes oak, olive tree or oak.
- Soft: Unlike the previous ones, these last less time lit and less embers are obtained. It is not as powerful as hard wood. So it is destined to the preparation of fast dishes. Soft wood is considered to be that of fruit trees, except for the orange tree, which is considered hard wood.
In some areas of USA, other types of wood are used, such as vine shoots or branches. These are used for the preparation of paellas or roasts. They require a great control of the fire, so only expert cooks are able to use them.
What is the heating capacity of each type of wood?
At first, a newcomer may find it hard to get used to a reading barbecue, since controlling the caloric value of the barbecue is important. In addition, you have to think that there is wood from above, oak, olive, orange, almond … more than a dozen types that can be found in any store.
For according to what type of plates it will interest one that has more calorific capacity that another one. For example, if the meat is very thick it will be better to use one of greater power, on the other hand if it is for a meat like hamburger, the one that has less power is the most interesting option.
Ordered from highest to lowest, this is the heating capacity of each type of wood:
- Holm oak: 4900
- Chestnut: 4800
- Elm: 4790
- Oak: 4690
- Olive tree: 4678
- Beech: 4630
- Pine: 4557
Firewood from hardwood trees has the highest calorific value. Just like to light a fire, or a chimney, you have to take into account the calorific capacity to achieve the most delicious dish.
Some stores may sell you what is known as “green wood”. This is a much cheaper wood, but it has less calorific power and gives off a rather unpleasant white smoke. It is not the best option when it comes to cooking.
How should you light a wood fired barbecue?
Remember, it is always better to use wood from a hard tree, and of course, that it is always dry. It is often said that the best firewood for barbecue has had to stay 6 months in the open, under the sun. This helps it to lose all the water it contains. It should not have branches, nor leaves or green twigs. If they have them, this will cause a thick smoke, besides that it will cost much more to light the barbecue.
Once you have the wood on your barbecue, light the firewood and with the help of shovels or iron tongs stir it until the embers are formed. It can take about the same time to light the fire as the charcoal, but you must watch it well to prevent the fire from burning out.
Where should you place this type of wood fired barbecue?
Since these types of wood fired barbecues generate a lot of smoke, their location must be ideal. In the case that you are going to build a construction site, if you buy it with a hood you will not have to worry much about the smoke and you will have more freedom to choose its location.
However, if the one you buy is an iron barbecue, you’re going to have to be a little more careful. Put it away from doors and windows, in an outdoor area where you don’t have the wind against you, or the smoke generated will bother you while cooking. Although many barbecue models have a cover, some dishes are more tasty if cooked without it.